Monday, October 09, 2006

Toby Keith - Nissan Pavilion

Despite living in Bristow for the past 5 years, until last night I had never visted the Nissan Pavilion. Nissan is the local outdoor concert venue that sees most of the big acts throughout the summer. Tracy has attended several shows at Nissan, but I never accompanied her because her preferred genre is Country. I relented this time to attend the season-ending performance of an obscure country artist that you may not have heard of, Toby Keith. Backup bands were Joe Nichols, Rushlow Harris, and Lindsey Haun.

The show wasn't too bad, but I confess that I was not nearly as enthralled as Tracy and our friends. We went with Darrell and Penni Estes, and it goes without saying that Penni enjoyed the show. She is a card-carrying member of the Toby Keith fanclub and was on cloud nine the entire show. According to the ladies, Toby's burly physique was in fine form.

No comments: