Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween 2006

We had yet another big Halloween blowout this year. Acting on the resounding success of our haunted house last year, Jimmy Gallant, Ron McCormick, Darrell Estes, and myself expanded our operation by putting together a larger, scarier haunted house. This year, we put up two tents with a passageway between them. Darrell and Jimmy were the ghouls for the main tent, and Ron and I worked the smaller, final tent. Jimmy built a coffin this past weekend, and I laid in the coffin for effect. I covered my shirt in fake blood and laid a large (more than 2 feet long) roach on my chest. I used one of Jimmy's masks and several kids were not able to determine if I was real or not. A least a couple of the kids seemed scared out of their minds, and that's what it's all about. The trick or treating crowd seemed a little smaller this year, but we had a lot more fun than last year. Planning has already begun for next year. Jimmy took several pictures of the event, and I will post them as soon as I get them.

No comments: