Friday, November 24, 2006

Kara Clark - 9 Years Old!!

Kara turns 9 today! The baby of the Clark Clan is 9! Shocking, but true. While I struggle with the obvious signs that I am getting older and older every year, it still surprises me that the youngest of my children is 9. I can't possibly be this old can I? A question for another day.

Kara had her birthday party last Saturday at the Clay Time Cafe. She invited 11 of her closest friends. People that know her, and know how personable she is, won't be surprised that the list of 11 was hard to get to. If I could afford it, she could have had 25 people at the party. A party at Clay Time Cafe consists of painting a clay figurine and the store will glaze and fire it for you later. As the birthday girl, Kara will also receive a plate painted and designed by her friends. Kara selected a small jewelry box with a Sun lid, and I am sure that she can be persuaded to show it to all interested parties. We will be picking up the creations tomorrow.

Continuing a tradition among our circle of friends, we are all going out for a celebratory birthday dinner at a location selected by the guest of honor. Tonight, Kara has selected Famous Dave's in Chantilly, VA.

No comments: