Monday, July 11, 2005

Weekend Update

I just spent the entire weekend with my Mexican friend Manuel. If you don't know what this means, just ask my Dad. I have logged 13 hours over the last 2 days staining our deck and I am about 80% complete. You'll have to see it at the house the next time you visit.

The weekend also saw the greatest motorcycle race I have ever seen, but then again, I am biased. Nonetheless, it was agreat race weekend for the Red, White, and Blue. Americans placed 1-2 in the MotoGP US Grand Prix, and I must say that I was very impressed with Colin Edwards. Colin, of course, placed second on the rostrum, but was very gracious in defeat. It is no secret that Colin has no great admiration for Hayden because he has always felt that Nicky's Repsol Honda seat should have been his. His post-race comments have made me see him in a far different light. He was openly congratulatory to Nicky and gave him big hug during the victory celebration. A class act all the way around.

On a previous post, I mentioned that a columnist had picked Nicky to win. His name is Dennis Noyes and he is clearly a genius. It remains to be seen how the Tornadiacs will take this. A quick explanation is required here. Colin Edwards is known as the 'Texas Tornado' and his avid followers refer to themselves as Tornadiacs. To put this in perspective, look at it this way; Edwards and Hayden fans treat each other with the same admiration and respect that Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr fans give each other.

Another development to be noted is that neither Hayden or Edwards has ever beaten Valentino Rossi in a race that Rossi has finished. That's how good this Italian is. Yesterday, both accomplished this feat.

The rednecks were out in force on Saturday when Toby Keith performed at the Nissan Pavilion in Gainesville. Of course Tracy was there sitting just 10 rows back from the stage enjoying every minute of it. If you ask her, I am sure she will give you a complete report.

No comments: