Monday, January 15, 2007

Cycle World International Motorcycle Show

Yesterday, Austin and I went to the 2006 Cycle World International Motorcycle Show at the Washington D.C. Convention Center. We rode downtown with Ron McCormick and his two boys. All the kids had a ball, but the stunt show was clearly thier favorite event of the day. I was able to pick up an Arai helmet bag, and Austin grabbed every flyer and poster that he could find.

This is the same event that I attended with Ricky last year. With the exception of Triumph, all the manufacturers were there. I was able to get my first close look at the 2007 Yamaha R1. Another bike of note was the Ducati Desmocedici RR, the production version of their MotoGP bike. A new one will set you back a cool $65,000. No sitting on that one. The Yamaha TTR-230 was there and I was able to get a feel for the seat height. Verdict - I can ride this machine. If I was to get a dirt bike this year, this would be it.

Just before we left, I ran into Raphael Jones. Raphael is a friend of Dad's that went on the James Bay trip last August. I shold not have been surprised to see Raphael in motorcycle heaven, but it was still a pleasant surprise.

No comments: